It’s the child’s “senior year of preschool, and pre-kindergarten is a critical time for them. The Pre-Kindergarten program promotes independence while preparing the child for the next exciting phase: Kindergarten!
We make the transition smoother by helping children become familiar with a more structured learning environment. Our play-based learning experiences are designed to give kids the skills they need to become confident kindergarteners. Each child will build on the language, math, science, and social skills they learned in preschool, deepening their knowledge and ability to work through problems. At no time will Pre-K students be left alone.
• Learning experiences that follow a logical and developmentally appropriate sequence.
• Community experiences to develop social skills like talking through big feelings, sharing, and taking turns with friends, and resolving conflicts by using words.
• Daily small groups focusing on math and literacy.
Portfolio collections that capture each child’s unique creative expression.
• Development of a strong vocabulary, writing their name, and using letters and drawings to describe things like people, places, experiences, and feelings.
• Hands-on experiences to further their independent and creative learning.
• Aligned to early learning guidelines in Ohio so we can demonstrate that our program is meeting all requirements while focusing on the needs of each individual child.
Research on early childhood development is the foundation for all our pre-kindergarten solutions.
Children learn best from the world around them, and their exploration begins in our classroom, with classroom materials that awaken their curiosity every day.